menu
Live

Discipleship 13th - reading reflection

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Joshua Lee
조회 143회 작성일 24-01-03 21:51

본문

Juan Carlos Ortiz's Disciple: A Handbook for New Believers was an interesting read. It presented an view of how he interpreted and envisioned the church. It is not something that necessarily fits the current context and structures of many churches today. He does reference the stories of Paul and Barnabas and how they helped plant the seeds of new churches across the world. The concept is not new because it is shown by it's refence to Paul's apostleship and direction to spread the gospel in such a way. But I feel that there are still many logistical challenges that could become apparent if the churches lose dedicated members. In a perfect world, the gospel would be spread exponentially until everyone on Earth became a believer. But, we do not live in a perfect world and this exponential growth in Christianity has stifled the past 20 to 30 years. The answer always seems to lie in between somewhere. A balance of many different methodologies. The difficult task is to find that correct balance to create a church that is near self-sustaining and willing to step outside of their comfort zone to grow and develop themselves purely to glorify God. As disciples, I believe this would be applicable in the sense that I must continuously remind myself that this discipleship training is for a greater purpose of glorifying God and bringing others closer to God, not a badge of pride that I could wear and boast about at church. 

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.